Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Another post on the taper

He's faster and he said it better than I did - Adrian Marriott, a 2:18 marathoner, with a post on the taper.

I found Adrian's post on the LetsRun message board. Somebody was complaining how bad they felt during their taper. I have to say I feel the same way. Rojo, one of the founders of Letsrun, commented on the post saying that the problem is that runners expect to feel incredible during the taper - but, that's not always the case. Echoing Jake Klim's comment earlier this week on my blog - his final advice was:

"You're either in shape or not.

You don't lose it in one week of training or in one race.

Be confident and stop thinking.

Just run."

2 comments:

Adrian Marriott said...

Nice blog Ben and thanks for the link ! I like the weeks training on the right side - may need to pinch that idea :-)

Good luck in Boston.

Adrian

Ben said...

Wow - i'll assume this is the actual Adrian Marriott and not somebody just trying to pull my chain : ) Thanks for commenting and good luck with your next race!