Sunday, January 4, 2009

Phase Two: Week 5 of 5 - poolside

Yes - that's right, I'm writing this poolside in Key West. Blogging may have been light this week, but I got in some good running. Today I did two "laps" of Key West for a 21 mile run. Thankfully it was cloudy and even raining a little - so, I was able to run pretty quick for the last half. I probably averaged somewhere near 6:15 pace for the last 10 miles. This week my mileage comes down a bit - but, I have two quality runs - a threshold workout and a VO2 max workout.

It's been nice to not need to cover every inch of my body down here. On Wednesday Kendra and I bundled-up to run the Fairfax Four Miler back in Virginia. I was planning to run it as a threshold workout - but, either the course was short or I got a little excited running in a race with 1800 people. I ended up running sub 21:30 pretty comfortably. They had to change the course because a powerline went down on the original course - so, it very well have been short.

Next week I need to start focuing on nutrition. The holidays and Key West have led to me gaining a little weight - even with all the miles I've been running.

Last week
Monday morning: 4 miles
Monday evening: 10 miles
Tuesday: 8 miles
Wednesday morning: 4 miles
Wednesday evening: 8.5 miles with 4 mi in 21:26 (Fairfax Four Miler)
Thursday: 10.5 miles
Friday: 14 miles
Saturday: 7.5 miles 8X100m
Sunday: 21 miles
Total: 87.5 miles

This week
Monday: 7 miles
Tuesday: 14 miles 3 mi warmup 5X1 mi at T pace with 1 min recovery 6 mi warmdown
Wednesday: 14 miles
Thursday: 0 miles
Friday morning: 4 miles 10X100
Friday evening: 11 miles
Saturday: 9 miles 5X1200 at I pace 3.5 min rest
Sunday: 7 miles
Total: 66 miles

1 comment:

RM said...

He's alive! Glad you made it through HOF: KW - and finishing 21 miles with 10 @ 6:15?? Geez!