Wednesday, January 7, 2009

2009 goals

Writing a running blog I guess I'm contractually obligated to put down my goals for the upcoming year, so that I can either laugh at them next year, or feel proud of myself.

In order of priority:

1) Run 3,650 miles for the year - basically average 10 miles per day. I think this is most important because it will help determine if I make my other goals. Plus it seems like the goal most under my control.

2) Sub 2:30 at Boston. The major reason for this blog is to keep myself focused through training for Boston so that I give myself a shot at a sub-2:30. I know this isn't going to be easy - but, I should be able to run it - and now is as good a time as any to do it.

3) Run 52:30 for 10 miles. My goal race for the fall will probably be the Army 10 miler. This might even be tougher than the sub 2:30 - the major factor will be how well I recover from Boston.

No comments: