Sunday, February 7, 2010

Be careful what you wish for

This was kind of a glass half full - glass half empty week. On the empty end I only ran one hard workout and didn't run my 5X1 mi - which is a very important workout for 5k/10k fitness. On the full end - my mileage didn't suffer too much even though the last three days the weather has been pretty awful.
This week is more of the same - with a 5k scheduled for Sunday. I'm guessing that since the highs are supposed to be within a few degrees of freezing this entire week that I'll probably be forced to use the treadmill for my hard runs. The 5k will be the biggest test I've had in awhile. I'm guessing that I'll be somewhere in the low to mid 16's - but, I'm not really sure.

Last Week
Monday: 9 miles
Tuesday: 10 miles
Wednesday: 10 miles 3X2 mi tempo (11:01;11:10;11:07)
Thursday : 8 miles
Friday: 8 miles
Saturday: 7 miles
Sunday: 17 miles
Total: 69 miles

This Week
Monday: 9 miles
Tuesday morning: 4 miles
Tuesday evening: 10 miles 5X1 mi I pace
Wednesday: 8.5 miles
Thursday : 11 miles 7 miles T pace
Friday: 12 miles
Saturday: 4 miles
Sunday: 17 miles 5k in NOVA
Total: 75.5 miles

3 comments:

RM said...

How did you manage to run that much on Sunday, where did you go?

And you've got to sandwich a 5k into a 17 mile day? Yikes!

Ben said...

I went up to Mt. Washington on Falls Road and met Dustin. We went a little further northwest than over to falls to northern expy to roland to university to charles and back. Overall not too bad. Even some of the back roads in Mt. Washington weren't too bad.

Yea - next sunday might not quite workout to a full 17 ; )

brennan said...

Remember that time when your wife yelled at you for running to a bar...and told you that you couldn't leave the house to go running--both within the same week.