Sunday, November 23, 2008

Phase One: week 4 of 5

Another big week for our Baltimore running group (TWSS) - with several people running the Philadelphia marathon and Alyssa getting an awesome (no abbreviations on BBB) 3rd place female at the JFK 50 miler. Will had a great premier marathon at just over 2:30 - the results don't seem to be up yet, so I'm not sure how everybody else did - but, just getting to the start line was an act of bravery with the temps below freezing this morning. This week felt more like Christmas weather than pre-Thanksgiving - I guess we're in for a long winter.

This weather is making me think about how many miserable cold weather miles I'm going to put in before April 20th. To top it off I just found out that I'll probably be in Minnesota for work the 3rd week in February, which just happens to be my biggest mileage before Boston at 100 miles for the week. I'll be lucky if the high is above 0 in Minneapolis at that time of year.

The mysterious knee pain disappeared and the long run went pretty well last week - so, I'm happy. Even though this next week will be almost a 20% increase in mileage and my first 2 hour+ run in 9 weeks - I'm not too worried about it. Happy Thanksgiving everybody!

Last week
Monday: 0 miles
Tuesday: 8 miles 8X100m strides
Wednesday: 7 miles
Thursday: 10 miles
Friday: 7 miles
Saturday: 6 miles
Sunday: 16 miles
Total: 54 miles

This week
Monday: 6 miles
Tuesday: 8 miles 8X150m strides
Wednesday: 10 miles
Thursday: 7 miles
Friday: 10 miles
Saturday: 6 miles
Sunday: 17 miles
Total: 64 miles

1 comment:

a said...

Wow - BBB. I love it. I'm going to start referencing that.