Sunday, February 8, 2009

Phase 3: week 5 of 5

Well, I ended the week a little hobbled. Running in XC spikes yesterday at Derwood made my plantar faciitis flare up. I almost turned back in the first mile of my run today - but, eventually it warmed up enough so that I could run without a limp. But, I think I was still landing weird on my right foot. It probably wasn't smart to run 17 miles today - but, I don't think I did any lasting damage.

It was a beautiful day on the course yesterday - very cool to see an event of that level in our backyard. Even though the weather was good the course was pretty muddy in places. My 42:13 was at least a minute off my goal - but, given the conditions I'm not too disappointed.

This week will be the lowest mileage week I've had in over a month. Although the mileage will be down, including a day off (with a massage) - the intensity will still be there. I'm supposed to do a 4X2 mi on Tuesday (we'll see how I feel) - but, the main workout will be Saturday with my first long run with tempo: 18 miles 2 mi easy 4X1 mi T pace with 1 min rest 7 mi easy 3 mi T pace 2 mi easy. I'm going to be running this type of workout more consistently as I get closer to the marathon: running fast when my glycogen supplies are low. It will be a good test.

Last Week
Monday morning: 4 miles
Monday evening: 8 miles
Tuesday morning: 12 mi 2 mi easy 4X1mi T pace 1 min rest (5:24;5:27;5:28;5:28) 1 mi easy 3X1 mi T pace 1 min rest (5:28;5:30;5:24) 2 mi easy
Tuesday evening: 4 miles
Wednesday: 13 miles
Thursday: 5 miles 8X100
Friday: 4 miles
Saturday: 11.5 miles XC championships 12k 42:13
Sunday: 17 miles
Total: 78.5 miles

This Week
Monday morning: 4 miles
Monday evening: 7.5 miles
Tuesday morning: 12 mi 4X2 mi @ T pace
Tuesday evening: 4 miles
Wednesday: 0 miles
Thursday: 12 miles hills
Friday: 9 miles 8X100m
Saturday: 18 miles 2 mi easy 4X1 mi T pace with 1 min rest 7 mi easy 3 mi T pace 2 mi easy
Sunday: 10.5 miles
Total: 77 miles

3 comments:

alyssa said...

a massage! are you going to marty?

Ben said...

of course! this will probably be about my 4th time with her. i told her that you and chrissie recomended her to me - she wrote your names down to give you a discount. so, bring it up to her the next time you go.

alyssa said...

yay, thanks! Let me know if she looks super preggo when you go. Also see if she's planning on taking time off because of said issue at any time, unless you feel awkward asking that, ha. I feel like I need to schedule her time off into my life and I forgot to ask her the last time I was there.